- About Us
- Signature therapies
Acharya Sushruta has described various animal and insects poisons in his samhitas.
In day-today life many of us face the insect bite and suffer with this. Makshika Dansha – honey bee bite is the condition in which rarely there is threat to life, but pain and burning of affected part is severe.
Signs and symptoms
• Kandu –Itching
• Ruja- pain
When we see the signs above its clearly indicates Pitta Prakopa.
So management also should be Pitta shamaka .
According to Ayurveda management of such bites is as follows-
Kashayam( decoction)- prepared by –
1) Dhanyaka Phala and Patra( coriander leaves and seeds)
2) Tulasi patra and beeja (Basil seeds and leaves)
3) Chandana kanda ( sandle bark)
Sevanam and Dhavanam ( intake and used for wash )
50 ml internally twice or thrice a day, depends on severity of the bite.
Lepa ( Pack ) of mud collected from surrounding of Tulasi plant is applied to affected part.
How these medicines work?
• Decoction of Dhanyaka, Chandana and Tulasi internally pacifies pitta dosha along with vata .
• Chandana has pitta, daha and visha hara properties.
• Tulasi is vishaghna(antitoxic) and krimigna(anti-helmintics)
• Dhanyaka pacifies vata which results into analgesic activity.
• Tulasi has anti-inflammatory and anti-histaminic action.
• Dhanyaka has also anti-pyretic and diuretic activity. It gives relief from itching.
• Chandana has cooling effect it decreases inflammation.
Dhanyaka gives relief from itching due to diuretic property. Tulasi gives relief from swelling due to anti-inflammatory. It also gives relief from pain due to analgesic property. Chandana gives relief from burning due to antioxidant .